Chris and I had been watching each others videos on YouTube since the beginning of my Digital Nomad Journey although, it wasn’t until I found out Chris was organising the weekly Chiang Mai Nomad Coffee Club Meetup that we finally met.
It turns out, Chris has a very interesting story. A former Wall-streeter, Chris had transformed his life and now lives location independently in Chiang Mai.
- [1:50] Chris’ early stage mentality of chasing riches via the traditional 9-5 means and scoring his first job in New York City
- [4:53] Is monetary success a values thing or an illusion to begin with?
- [6:38] Falling for the hype of making money in the big city & the slow realisation that the big city dream wasn’t for him.
- [9:17] The story of how his high-stress lifestyle induced a collapsed lung on two occasions
- [11:55] The Golden Handcuffs (ie. the trap of living and working in the big city)
- [13:55] Valuing your time above the money & transitioning out of the Wall Street Lifestyle
- [17:42] Becoming Inspired to live the digital nomad lifestyle & making the switch
- [21:57] How Chris got started in online business
- [23:50] Meeting Riley Bennett and Torsten ‘Toto’ Kremser at the first dropship lifestyle retreat, getting the first sales and moving into Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA)
- [28:22] FBA vs Dropshipping and how they work together
- [31:30] Running his businesses on autopilot, seeking more fulfilment and the realisation of wanting to become a coach
- [35:52] Chris’ favourite nomad cities and locations including Bali and Chiang Mai
- [39:06] His spiritual journey, dealing with psychological demons, mediation and experiencing Ayahuasca
- [44:28] Chris’ advice for achieving balance and finding success
- careerladders.com – No longer active
- Into the wild (Movie)
- Johnny’s tour of Punspace
- The Amazing Selling Machine (Now Brand Genesis)
- Chris’ interview with Toto in The Toto Experience